Call for Abstract
Present at the APM LEAD Conference! We are accepting abstracts on the outlined topics and other related topics that fall within the conference theme.
SUBMIT YOUR ABSTRACT NOW!
(Submissions until March 26, 2024)
BENEFITS OF PRESENTING
Presenting at APM LEADCon 2024 allows you to:
- Gain recognition from your industry peers through online promotion, the printed registration brochure, and the post-event proceedings
- Contribute to the advancement and education of attendees
- Showcase your work, lessons learned, success stories, results, and expertise
- Earn course hours toward your industry continuing professional development certifications
- Receive a complimentary registration to the event (for the primary presenter and, if applicable, one co-presenter when submitting paper and presentation by the deadlines indicated in this document)
- Have your paper published in the Asset IQ Magazine
Presentations should be representative of the APM LEADCon 2024 Conference Tracks:
- Asset and Risk Management
- Asset Integrity
- RAMS (Reliability, Availability, Maintainability, and Safety)
- Leadership in Engineering
In addition, abstracts relevant to industry surveys and reports will be accepted. All abstracts must relate to one of the conference themes noted above.
Please consider the following before submitting an abstract:
- All presenters and co-presenters must be a current practitioner in the industry
- The primary presenter is responsible for submitting the following as part of the online submission process:
- A proposed session title (90 characters or less including spaces)
- A brief (125 – 150 word) description of the presentation for use in print and online promotion
- An abstract (350 – 400 words or less) to be used by reviewers to evaluate the proposed session
- Contact information and brief biographies (300 – 350 words at most) for both presenter and, if applicable, co-presenter
- To maintain the integrity of conference’s content, all presentations must be noncommercial in nature. Presentations that could be interpreted as commercial will not be accepted. To this end, we ask that abstracts focus on case studies, emphasizing methodology rather than the specific tools used (such as proprietary software or equipment). In addition, presentations should avoid discussion of trademarked solutions. If you feel that your subject matter requires a focus on proprietary products or services in order to convey the content, prospective attendees must be aware of this in advance, so the abstract, session title and session description should clearly indicate this.
- No more than two presenters per presentation are allowed, and all presenters must present in person. In certain circumstances, a co-presenter may be substituted after a written request has been made and approved by the applicable Symposium Committee.
Abstracts will be reviewed and graded by the applicable committee. Each abstract will be assessed based on the following criteria:
- Target audience: What level of experience (beginner/intermediate/advanced) is it geared toward?
- Relevance: Is the abstract aligned to the chosen Conference Theme? When submitting your abstract you will be asked to identify which theme your abstract best aligns with; please CLICK HERE to view the Conference Themes. Please note that after committee review, your presentation may be assigned to a different theme.
- Practitioner experience: The abstract submitted should include at least one presenter with experience in performing the theme-topic function for their company (the co-presenter may have aided presenter in performing the said function).
- Perceived commercial nature of presentation: As noted above, abstracts must refrain from selling a company’s product and/or services. Commercial presentations will not be accepted.
- Timeliness of presentation: How well does the abstract relate to the current or emerging direction of this conference theme?
Qualifications of speaker to present on the topic: Your biography should include a brief overview of your qualifications. An industry recognized certification is encouraged, while other qualifications will be considered depending on your chosen topic.